VA Caregiver Support Program (CSP) - Events
Welcome to the VA Caregiver Support Program (CSP) Events Page!
Check out the list below and contact your local Veteran Affairs (VA) facility Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC)/Caregiver Support Program (CSP) team to find events coming to a location near you! CSP teams can be found using the locator tool: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/New_CSC_Page.asp.
Events for Caregivers and Families
Peer Support Mentoring Program – Spirituality Calls
The VA Peer Support Mentoring (PSM) Program and the National Chaplain Office will be hosting a 12-month series addressing spiritualty and caregiving. These calls are open to caregivers of Veterans enrolled in both the Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS) and the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC).
Calls will be held on the first Friday of each month from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. CT; 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. MT; 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Pacific) and will be hosted on WebEx using the dial-in information below. There is NO registration required. Meeting Call in number: USA Toll-free Number 1-833-558-0712. Meeting number (access code): 2762 030 9378
- June 2022 - Spirituality and Summer Safety Tips
- July 2022- Spirituality and PTSD
- August 2022 - Spirituality and Grief
- September 2022 - Spirituality and Self Reflection
Caregiver Support Line Education Calls
The VA Caregiver Support Line (CSL) offers free, monthly one-hour telephone education calls for caregivers. These group sessions focus on topics important to caregivers with a different topic presented each month. Caregivers learn about communication skills, building relationships and connections, self-care, and much more.
To register for monthly education calls, contact us at 1-855-260-3274.
Caregivers who are unable to attend the calls can access presentations online.
CSL -Monthly PresentationsCSL - Handouts
Upcoming CSL Education Calls
June 2022- The Three Cs of Caring for Someone with Dementia- Communicating, Coping, and Connecting: A Book Bag of Self-Care Tips
- Tuesday, June 7, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT 1:00 p.m. MT 12:00 p.m. Pacific)
July 2022- Safe Haven: Building on Family Strength
- Tuesday, July 5, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific
- Wednesday, July 20, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 p.m. MT; 12:00 p.m. Pacific)
August 2022- Good Grief: Finding Hope in the Necessary Losses of Being a Caregiver
- Tuesday, August 2, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 p.m. MT; 12:00 p.m. Pacific)
September 2022- Caregiving with Dignity: Toileting Help for Caregivers
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 p.m. MT; 12:00 p.m. Pacific)
Caregiver and Family Resource Fairs
The annual Caregiver Family and Resource Fairs are held at every VA Medical Center (VAMC.) These fairs connect caregivers with resources, programs, and services all at one event. The fairs have information and are attended by:
- Representatives from VA programs
- Local area non-profits
- Community agencies
CSP Resource Fairs help caregivers learn about what resources are available to support them.
All caregivers and families are welcome to attend. Contact your local CSP team for more information about resource fairs using the locator tool: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/New_CSC_Page.asp.
Virtual Learning Experience
CSP virtual learning experience series to be posted in the future. Join CSP for a great opportunity to learn more about how we can support you as a caregiver.
Events for VA, Community Providers, & other Professionals - (Veteran Service Organizations, Community Agencies, Non-Profits)
Each VA Medical Center (VAMC) hosts an annual CSP Caregiver Summit. The purpose of the summit is to:
- Understand the needs of caregivers in the local community
- Identify both gaps and available resources
- Bring together VA, local area non-profits and community agency participants
At the summit, these entities collaborate, share information, and network on behalf of caregivers.
If you are a provider or other community entity who is interested in supporting caregivers, contact your local CSP team for more information about summits in your area by using the locator tool: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/New_CSC_Page.asp.
Call VA’s Caregiver Support Line (CSL) at 1-855-260-3274 to learn more about the support that is available to you, and for assistance connecting with the CSP team, at your local VA facility.
VA CSL Expanded hours:
-Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET
-Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
CSP teams are professionals who provide support and referrals to services. They provide valuable information about resources that can help you to stay informed and supported as you care for your Veteran.
Subscribe to receive email updates and information about VA Caregiver Support Program services.