VA Caregiver Support Program
Collection of Practical Tools by Topics
Tools by Topics
- Medication Log (PDF)
- Preventing Medication Mishaps (PDF)
- Get the Facts on Prescription & Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Eight Opioid Safety Principles for Patients and Caregivers * (PDF)
- Tips for Communicating with Your Veteran's Health Care Team (PDF)
- Making the Most of Healthcare Visits (PDF)
- What to Do When The Veteran You Care For Is Hospitalized (PDF)
- Crisis Symptom Reporting Guide (PDF)
Use this guide to monitor your daily signs of stress and to identify actions to help restore feelings of confidence, health, and wellbeing
Video series to assist caregivers in establishing a budget, building an emergency fund, and getting an estate plan together.
- Home Alone Alliance – Mobility Video Series *
Call VA’s Caregiver Support Line (CSL) at 1-855-260-3274 to learn more about the support that is available to you, and for assistance connecting with the Caregiver Support Team/Coordinator, at your local VA Medical Center.
VA CSL Expanded hours:
-Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET
-Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Subscribe to receive email updates and information about VA Caregiver Support Program services.
*By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site.